Ohio Valley Vegetable Soup is filled with the finest zucchini, green beans, peas, carrots, leeks and corn to make a bountiful, gluten free medley of summer produce in a pot. Start the preparation with fresh garlic and finish with pea pods for this year-round vegetable favorite. Great for using leftover Thanksgiving turkey in the fall.
Ingredients: Corn Pasta, Rice, Carrot, Corn, Bell Pepper, Celery, Tomato, Parsley, Scallion, Garlic, Bay leaf and Sage.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. Oil (olive or vegetable)
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 8 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth (64 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen baby or petite peas
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Add 2 cups leftover cut up turkey or chicken for a protein-filled vegetable soup.
- Boost vegetable content by adding 2 cups of your favorite chopped vegetable such as cauliflower, yellow squash or zucchini.
- Garnish each serving with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- If soup becomes too thick, add cup of water or additional broth.